Hello! I hope everyone had a more fantastic Christmas week than the thought of a thousand Santas tangoing to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!"
This week I was interviewed by author Sittie Cates on her blog! She asked some pretty awesome questions, and if you want some sneak peaks about the future you really should check it out here.
Well a new year is almost upon us. You know what that means!?
No, come on now, get out from underneath that desk, seeing another year zing by isn't THAT bad. After all, with every year that passes I'm sure we're getting closer to having flying cars and hover boards! (Back to the Future wouldn't lie to me.)
The biggest downside for me in watching a new year roll in, like a bunch of demon-possessed gorillas in a Cadillac, is the societal expectation to have some kind of New Years resolution.
I don't really do New Years resolutions. I don't see the point in waiting until a changing of the calendar to change something about myself. If I need to change something, I just do it.
So for those of you who are like me who really do not wish to be pressured into creating resolutions, here is a list of super easy to complete resolutions that will pretty much cover you:
1. I resolve to continue to breathe this year.
2. I resolve to not use math unless calculating a tip, doing my taxes or trying to see how many hours I have left to sleep if I go to sleep right now.
3. I resolve not to enter into a wrestling match with an angry pterodactyl (seriously, if you fail this resolution, I want pictures!).
5. I resolve not to try to fly from the top of a building wearing nothing but a Superman cape (you need the tights at the very least as well).
6. I resolve not to try to become a professional baton twirler.
7. I resolve to continue my exact level of underwater basket weaving (so, none).
8. I resolve to give up my trash to the garbage truck every week, excluding holidays.
9. I resolve to continue to say no to drugs.
10. I resolve to be as awesome as possible.
There you go, ready made resolutions!
If you have any resolutions of your own, feel free to post them in the comments below!
There are a few more days on this year's book sale charity special for "Life is a Circus Run by a Platypus." Until the end of the year half of the proceeds made from the book will be going to benefit the YWCA.
I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Years this year! May your new year be even more fantastic than the last!
Feel free to continue to follow me into 2014 on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads!